Wednesday, March 23, 2016

South Lyon Home Prices 23 MAR 2016

There were only 5 sales in the last 7 days for the South Lyon area, so that makes a weekly report senseless.  Instead, I'll talk about the year to date prices.

First, there's a lot of price variability in the market.  Older, smaller homes selling for under $100,000 right up to million dollar properties.  That often makes averages unrepresentative of true values. I'll give you those figures, but I think median values are a better way to go.

Watch my 3 minute market report video here.

Since 01 JAN 2016, 112 units have sold. This does not include a few for sale by owner properties and also some of the new construction that was never entered into the multilist system (MLS).  For the sold properties, the median price was $299,500 and the average sales price was $290,834.

The median time on market (time from listing to sale) is 42 days, the average is 66 days.  Both are pretty quick time frames.

The median price per square foot is $138 and the average is $133.  The median home was 2176 sq ft, and the average was 2181.  

A lot of different factors go into pricing a home.  Age, architecture, updated or not, lot size - and of course, location.  But you can expect to spend about $135/square foot if you want to buy an existing home in this area.  That means a 2000 sq ft home will be in the ballpark of $270,000.  

If you have questions about the South Lyon market, feel free to give me a call at 810-220-1478. Ask me about my Marketing Edge program if you're thinking about selling, and about my one-on-one Home Buyer Workshop if you're thinking about buying.

Keep up to date on general real estate info by visiting and liking my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MichiganRE.

No comments: