Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hear The Bell? It May Be Me!

On Thursday, December 4th, I’ll be joining my colleagues from the Brighton Optimist Club to ring bells for the Salvation Army. We’ll be in front of Taorello’s Market Place, 1007 E. Grand River, Brighton 48116, from 10am - 8pm.

If you’re in the area, stop by and say “Hello!” to an Optimist – especially if it’s a cold day. We’ll be working in one hour shifts, and I can tell you that standing for an hour on a cold day is a challenge. My time slot is from 3-4pm, and I’d especially love to see you and exchange greetings of the season!

This year’s campaign kicked off on November 14th, and the goal is $145,000. The Salvation Army also runs an Adopt-A-Family program to make sure that nobody is forgotten during the Holidays.

This is just one of the many community service projects that the Brighton Optimist Club undertakes each year. Sometimes your time and energy is as important as a monetary donation (or more so!).

Contact me to find out more about the Brighton Optimist Club and the programs it conducts for the youth of the area.

No comments: