Saturday, October 24, 2015

Realtor Tours Local Haunted House For Professional Reasons?

A haunted house gets your heart pumping, sharpens your senses and raises your awareness of the surroundings.  And since I’m a full-time real estate professional, I figured I shouldn’t ignore this particular type of house any longer. 

Last night, my wife and I went to the Terrorfied Forest in Pinckney, Michigan with our friends Kelly & Lisa. We also toured Bubbles Fun House.  I should mention that these attractions are not for children.  They are geared for teens and adults.

We started with Bubbles Fun House.  It takes about 20 minutes to get through and there is literally a surprise around every corner.  Sometimes the surprise jumps out at you. Sometimes you’re ‘decoyed’ and distracted. But there’s a lot of suspense in here. I don't think the decor would have much appeal for a home buyer, but you never know.

Both facilities have a few simple rules.  The monsters will not touch you, so please don’t touch them or the props.  No lights or cell phones can be used. Listen to the staff and security that seems to be just a few paces from you, no matter your location (many of them are unseen unless they want to be seen, bwahahaha).  Prices are $20 for the Terrorfied Forest and $10 for the haunted house but a combo is only $25.  It was well worth it, too.

Dress for the weather since the Terrorfied Forest is a lot longer than the haunted house.  They claim it’s about 40 minutes and 1 mile of walking and I believe it.  We spent a good 15-20 minutes trying to exit the ‘maze house’ at the end of the forest tour.  And we had lots of company!

Patrons are spaced out so groups remain fairly small and the staff was very polite while doing their scary, ghoulish tasks.  Weather may affect the forest tour, but the haunted house is open unless there is lightning and/or driving rain.

They’re open Friday-Sunday through October 31st and located at 145 Swarthout Rd, Pinckney 48169.  It’s just off the NE Corner of Pinckney Rd (D-19).  Call 734-878-3737 for more info.  And they will have a special opening for Friday the 13th in November, too.  Check out their facebook page and their website.

Oh, and by the way, yes I uttered a few shrieks of surprise at various times.  Just to be safe you should use the rest room before entering. It wasn’t the worst house I’ve ever toured in my real estate career, but it was definitely the scariest. 

I don’t think I’d be of much professional help if you were looking to buy a real haunted house, but if you’re looking to buy or sell any other houses or condos, give me a call.  Those I can handle.


Image courtesy of Terrorfied Forest facebook page.

No comments: